Welcome to the Document Library. Here you will find a variety of documents for all areas of Development in the City of Franklin.
Municipal Code: The Municipal Code is broken down into 24 Titles; and encompasses all of the City's Ordinances and laws. Here you can find information on fees, processes, regulations and prohibitions. Subjects include Zoning, Utilities, Sidewalks, Streets, Stormwater, Codes, etc.
Administrative Manual: The Administrative Manual is a smaller guide taken from the City of Franklin Zoning Ordinance. The manual provides applicant's with information concerning the City's guidelines for Zoning issues, submittal processes, etc. Additional Info here.
Zoning Ordinance: The Zoning Ordinance is a guide to all requirements and standards for development in the City of Franklin. It is an evolving document and is amended frequently by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. You are encouraged to contact the Planning Department for information on pending amendments. Additional Info here.
OTHER DEVELOPMENT RELATED DOCUMENTS/MANUAL/SPECIFICATIONS:
- Historic District Design Guidelines
- Please see the Planning Department's Historic Preservation Program Website for additional information.
Development Site Requirements:
- Transportation & Street Technical Standards
- Standard Drawings
- Typical Sections
- Connect Franklin A Comprehensive Transportation Network Plan August 2016
- General Notes for Traffic Signal Construction
- Roadway Impact Fees
- Apparatus Autoturn
Critical Lots: Critical Lots are an Administratively reviewed plan for lots in a recorded subdivision that, as identified during approval of Development Plan, Site Plan, Preliminary Plat or Final Plat, are difficult to stabilize due to exposed subsoil, steep slope, extent of exposure, and are subject to erosion or sedimentation as a result of cutting, filling, grading or other disturbance of the soil.
- Application Process Guide
- Builder Certification Statement
- Hold Harmless Letter
- Critical Lot Site Plan Checklist
- Grading Permit Application
Critical Tree Lot: Any lot with trees remaining after the initial grading. For additional information contact Jason Arnold with the Planning Department.
- 2014 BMP Manual
- Franklin Detention Requirements
- Erosion Control Plan Note Example
- Low Impact Development Manual - Metro Nashville - takes you to Nashville's Website
- Water Quality Policies & Procedures
- Water Quality Design Tool
- Water Quality Design Tool Instructions
Post Construction and Maintenance:
Water and Sewer:
- Water/Sewer Specifications and Details
- Water/Sewer Availability Request Form
- Resolution Adopting Policies and Procedures for Development of Reclaimed Water System.
- Sewer Drainage Basin Map
Addressing Manual: Describes the standards and process for street name identification and numerical addressing of all parcels and buildings within the City of Franklin corporate limits.
- Drainage AsBuilts - Requirements and Checklist
Building Codes: Effective March 1, 2014
- 2012 International Building Code (including Appendices D & G)
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fire Code (including Appendices B, C, & D)
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 ICC A 117.1 Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities (effective September 1, 2013)
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code (one and two family dwellings) (including Appendix J)
- 2012 NFPA Life Safety Code 101
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2011 National Electric Code