Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A - C          D - F          G - I          J - L          M - O          P - S          T - V          W - Z



Accident Reports
Accident Reports can be obtained by contacting the City of Franklin Police Department’s Records Section in City Hall, at 109 Second Avenue South.

Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

For additional information or questions, call (615) 791-3234, fax (615) 591-5618 or here

Administrative Offices

The Administration Office, located at 109 Third Avenue South Suite 103, handles the general administration of the City. Hours are 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday. For more information, call 615-791-3217.

Affordable/Workforce Housing

The City's Housing Commission is striving to develop a multi-faceted incentive program designed to address the issue of affordable housing in the community. For more information, contact the Community and Economic Development Office at 615-550-6608

Air Quality

For information or questions on Air Quality, please contact the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation’s Division of Air Pollution Control at www.state.tn.us/environment/apc or (615) 532-0554

Alarm Permit

City code requires that any business or residence with an alarm system obtain a permit. The residential permit fee is $10.00, the business permit fee is $20.00. Permits expire every December 31 and may be renewed for $5.00. For more information, contact the Police Department Records Division at 615-791-3234.

Animal Control

Animal Control is a service of Williamson County.  The Williamson County Animal Shelter is located at 138 Claude Yates Drive. For more information, call 615-790-5590.

Annual Events

For a list of Annual Events/Festivals, click here, or contact the Communications Office at 615-550-6606.  

Art Programs

The Franklin Public Arts Commission (FPAC) is composed of nine citizens who provide guidance and oversight for art projects which are for public display, outdoors in the City of Franklin. The Commission reviews and makes recommendations concerning all aspects of public art to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.  For more information, visit FranklinTN.gov/PublicArt


Blasting permits must be obtained from both the Franklin Fire Department and the State of Tennessee. Blasting regulations and standards are dictated under state law and monitoring the regulations are enacted by the state. For complaints or more information, contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office at (615) 532-5829 or www.tn.gov/commerce/sfm/index

Blue Bag Recycling

The City of Franklin offers a Blue Bag Curbside Recycling program for residents. For information on the program, visit the website or call 615-794-1516.

Board of Mayor and Aldermen

As the legislative branch of Franklin’s municipal government, the Board of Mayor and Aldermen (BOMA) holds open public meetings where local laws, policies, and basic decisions for the city are discussed and decided. To reach Board members, visit the BOMA section of our website or contact the City Administrator’s Office.


The current City budget is on-line in the Finance section of our website. For more information on the budgeting process, contact the City’s Finance Department at 615-791-1457

Building and Neighborhood Services

The Building and Neighborhood Services Department ensures that the public's safety, health and general welfare are secure by enforcing Codes standards governing new construction, existing housing, and historic districts. Responsibilities of this department include: building permit issuance and inspection, floodplain management, tree preservation, building condemnations, removal of disabled vehicles, noise abatement, high grass, and the enforcement of other standards and regulations found in the Franklin Municipal Code and Zoning Ordinance. For more information, call 615-794-7012.

Building Permits

The Building and Neighborhood Services Department is in charge of approving building permits, inspections, and building code enforcement. For more information, call 615-794-7012

Bus Systems

See “Trolley” 

Business Licenses

All businesses located or providing services in Franklin must obtain a business license. Contact the Business License Office or call 615-791-3225 for information.

Cable television

Franklin TV, the City of Franklin’s Cable Channel, began airing in October 2001. Programming includes an informative Information Billboard, which contains meeting and program replay notices and other items of interest to the public; meetings (live and re-broadcast); original programming; and “TraffiCast,” the special video feed from the City’s state-of-the-art Traffic Operations Center. For more information, call 615-550-6610.

Car tags registration

The Williamson County Clerk's Office registers vehicles and assists with title transactions. They are located at 1320 West Main Street, Franklin, Tennessee. For more information, call 615-790-5712

Chamber of Commerce

Williamson, Inc. is a business service organization that supports local businesses and economic vitality and provides relocation information.  For more information call 615-771-1912.  

Citizens Government Academy

The Citizens Government Academy is a free program which provides insight into local government.   For more information, call 615-550-6606.

City Administrator’s Office

The Administration Office, located at 109 Third Avenue South, handles the general administration of the City and executes the policies and objectives of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. Hours are 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday. For more information, call 615-791-3217.

Code Compliance

Neighborhood Resource Officers inspect and investigate complaints to ensure that property owners and tenants maintain their property’s appearance and safety. Call 615-794-7012 or visit Building & Neighborhood Services to report violations.


The Communications Division develops internal and external communications, special events, and citizen participation initiatives. It also handles media relations for the City and manages the City’s Government Access Channel (Franklin TV). For more information call 615-791-3217.

Community and Economic Development

The Community and Economic Development division consists of Planning and Sustainability, Building and Neighborhood ServicesEngineering, and the Community Development Block Grant Program. For more information, call 615-791-3217.

Community Development Block Grant

The CDBG Program is a federally-funded program that provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment and, by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low and moderate income persons. For more information, call 615-550-6608.


The City Court provides a fair and impartial hearing for all citizens charged with a city ordinance violation, code violation, or traffic violation within the boundaries of the City of Franklin. The City Judge hears cases in City Court on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7:30 AM, but fines may be paid at any time during regular business hours (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM). For more information, call 615-794-5362 or e-mail FranklinCityCourt@FranklinTN.gov.  

Complaints or Questions

To ask a question or issue a complaint, go to our Customer Service section of this website or call 615-791-3217.