Come back soon for information on the 2019 Christmas Tree Lighting Program!
The downtown Franklin Christmas Tree Lighting on the Square is a fun way for the entire family to kick-off the holiday season. This year on Sunday, December 2, from 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., the City is partnering with sponsors, Middle Tennessee Electric, Williamson Medical Center, Mars Petcare, Downtown Franklin Association and Spring Tree Media group and the Pilgrimage Festival to bring a multi-media extravaganza to the historic downtown square. The event features children's choirs from local middle schools, and high schools. This year's event will feature FREE photos with Santa, Pet photos, a wonderful performance from local school choirs, and more. Thank you to our volunteers, the Franklin Noon Rotary, the Downtown Franklin Rotary and the Franklin Locals!
DOWNTOWN MERCHANT BUSINESS HOURS AND SPECIAL EVENTS-FRIDAY AND SUNDAY
- Handy Hardware- Normal business hours. 25% off all Christmas items Friday and Saturday
- Citizen- Open until 8:00 PM on Friday and until 5:00 PM on Sunday
- Savory Spice- Open until 7:00 PM on Friday and Sunday
- The Cellar- Open throughout the tree lighting event on Sunday.
- Vue Optique- Normal business hours. $100 gift card to use on prescription eyewear/sunwear on Friday.
- Yarrow Acres- Open until 6:30 PM on Sunday
- ECCO Salon- Normal business hours. Offering apple cider and $20 ECCO bucks with every $100 product purchase on Friday.
- Walton’s Antique & Estate Jewelry- Open House Friday until 9:00 PM with music and snow. Open 1:00-5:00 PM on Sunday.
- Purple Butterfly- Open until 6:30 PM on Sunday
- Kilwin’s- Open until 6:00 PM on Sunday, and 15% off all gift box sets throughout the day.
- Finnleys- Open house Sunday from 6:00-9:00 PM.
- Habit- Open throughout the tree lighting event on Sunday
- Rock Paper Scissors- Open throughout the tree lighting event on Sunday.
- Twine Graphics- Running specials and open until 9:00 PM on Friday and until 8:00 PM on Sunday.
- The Barn Door- Open house from 4:00-7:00 PM on Sunday. Free parking and free pictures with an Alpaca.
- Franklin Road Apparel- Open House from 6:00-9:00 PM on Sunday , with beer, wine, and treats.
The Visitor Center- Sip & Shop from 6:00-9:00 PM on Sunday.
JONDIE- Open until 9:00 PM on Sunday, with refreshments, complimentary Christmas wrapping, and special promotions.
Mimi & Dottie- Open until 9:00 PM on Sunday, with refreshments, complimentary Christmas wrapping, and special promotions.
The tree was a gift to the City of Franklin through a public/private partnership with Franklin Tomorrow, Harpeth True Value, Grange Insurance and Full Service Insurance.
See photos and video from previous years below.
We hope to see you on November 30, 2018 beginning at 6:00 -8:30pm!