Focus on the subject matter, never the person.
Follow these rules:
- Comment will be directed through the chairperson
- Time limits may be established
- No person shall approach a board or commission without permission of the chairperson
- Chairperson can stop comment after time has expired or if the commenter has violated public meeting guidelines & rules of decorum
- The chairperson can remove the commenter from the meeting if violation occurs.
to understand, not to reply.
State your opinion in a concise manner.
Respectfully disagree with others’ statements.
boards, commissions, and your neighbors with respect.