- The Henpeck Lane Sanitary Sewer Project is an extension of the City of Franklin’s sanitary sewer system to serve the existing Oak Meadow Elementary School and the proposed Central East Middle School. The project includes the installation of 5,095 linear feet of 12 inch sanitary sewer line and 1,350 linear feet of 8 inch sanitary sewer line along a tributary of Five Mile Creek from Ellington Drive to the proposed middle school on Henpeck Lane.
- The City of Franklin and Williamson County Schools (WCS) have entered into an Interlocal Agreement for funding of the project, with WCS being responsible for approximately 60% of the total cost of design, easement acquisition, construction management, construction inspection and construction of the project. Construction on the project started on June 3, 2019, with the portion of the sanitary sewer across the existing Oak View Elementary School to be completed by August 9, 2019.
The following tasks have been started on the project:
- Staking of the centerline of the sewer line
- Erosion/siltation control installation
- Clearing and grubbing on the existing school site
- Installation of 4 of 7 of the construction entrances
- Drilling and blasting across the school property
- Laying pipe on the existing school property
- Excavation of bore pit for crossing of Lewisburg Pike
- Laying pipe on existing school property
- Excavation of bore pit at Lewisburg Pike crossing