Mayor issues Stay at Home Order, effective March 25, 2020.  For more information, go to

City Hall in-person hours reduced to 8am-1pm.

For Covid-19 updates, visit

Report a Pothole, Tall Grass or Dead Animal

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Where do I report a pothole or request other assistance from the Street Department?

Click Online Services to request repairs for potholes, stormwater issues, debris removal, traffic control signs that are damaged, and traffic signals that are not work or are burned out.

The grass along the road is too tall, who is responsible for cutting it?

During the spring and summer months, the Street Department does mow certain ROW areas within the City limits.  To see the areas that we maintain, open the ROW Maintenance map.  Areas that are not highlighted in green on this map are either privately maintained, or are maintained by Tennessee Department Of Transportation. 

There is a dead animal on the side of the road.  How do I get it removed?

The Street Department does not remove dead animals from the side of the road.  The Sanitation and Environmental Services Department offers dead animal removal if an animal has fallen along a roadway serviced by their Sanitation trucks.  Please call them at 615-794-1516 and they will remove the animal utilizing a knuckle boom truck.