What are Sharps?
- Needles and Syringes
- Lancets (Mainly used for Diabetes Testing)
- Other Self-Injection devices with sharp ends (such as EpiPens)
What Should Residents Do?
- Make sure the sharps are kept in an "approved" sharps container with the proper biohazard notice on the outside of the container.
- If sharps are not in an approved container, Sanitation and Environmental Services will decline the sharps drop-off.
- See if your health care provider, hospital or pharmacy has a Take-Back program.
- Take your sharps to an approved drop-off collection site or household hazardous waste facility.
- For City of Franklin residents, drop containers off at 417 Century Ct. Hours are from 7:00am till 3:30pm Monday through Friday.