The Sanitation and Environmental Services Department uses knuckle-boom trucks to load piles of brush that are too large for workers to load by hand. This method of collection is safer and allows the Department to provide a quicker and more efficient service.
The City suspends its excess brush policy directly after major storms. Please exercise patience during storm clean-up and heavy brush season.
Brush from commercial landscaping and tree services must be disposed of by the company or contractor. Sanitation and Environmental Services Department will assess a fee of $125 per load to collect landscape contractor debris.
Per Title 17:
Residential excess. Any excess waste collected at residences may, based on volume and at the discretion of the Sanitation and Environmental Services Department Director or his designee, be assessed a fee commiserate with the standard commercial bulk collection fees.
The two images below are examples of excess brush:
- Please leave enough room for the knuckleboom to operate. Place your brush at least 5 ft. away from your garbage container and other potential obstacles such as mail boxes, fences, walls, water meters, telephone connection boxes and parked vehicles. Avoid placing brush under low-hanging tree limbs or power lines.
- You can stack your piles of brush end to end, or on top of one another (not tangled). All brush needs to be cut to fit the pick-up truck parameter.
- Brush must be placed at the edge of the street, curb or alley (within the City’s right of way) no later than 7:00 a.m. on your regular trash pick-up day. Brush SHALL NOT be placed on cul-de-sac islands, vacant lots, or boulevards and MUST NOT be materials resulting from tree pruning or removal at an address other than the collection point.
- Please place all brush close enough to the curb or street for the truck to reach it. Brush will not be collected if it’s inaccessible.
- Please place only true brush to the curb. Lumber and construction material will not be picked-up if placed at curbside.
And to see what happens to your Brush after it has left your residence click on the video below.
Office Number: 615-794-1516