-BOPAE Drop-Off Re-Opening June 15, 2020
- Operating Hours: 6:00am -4:00pm- the gate will close at 4:00pm
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday, with closure on Friday.
- First Saturday of the month 8:00am -12:00pm (Holidays excluded)
- Latex paint: We will no longer accept latex paint effective Jan 1, 2021. The oil base paint service will remain the same.
- Public Safety: To limit contact with the public and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus; we will be asking the customers to unload their recycling material in a designated area. The attendant will place it in the appropriate spot. The employee will not be in the vehicle and the customer is not in the hazardous/loading area. All CDC rule will be followed at the BOPAE drop-off site.
-Blue Bin Recycling Suspended-March 16, 2020
Franklin— The City of Franklin is sad to announce our new Blue Bin Recycling program is temporarily suspended immediately until further notice. The recycling processor, Marshall County Recycling has halted services due to the COVID-19, (Coronavirus). We have reached out to other processors, but at this time there are no services available.
In the mean time, citizens can take their recyclables to the Williamson County Convenience Centers or throw their recycling in the trash. Williamson County Convenience Centers will not accept mixed recyclables in Blue Bags. All recycling must be separated before dropping off at any Williamson County Convenience Center. See the locations at http://www.williamsoncounty-tn.gov/1846/Convenience-Centers.
City of Franklin City Administrator Eric Stuckey said, “We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we will do our best to restore these services when we can. The Blue Bin program is important to the City and something we will continue in the future.”
The City will no longer collect blue bags, cardboard, or bagged excessive trash or "buck-a-bag" from the ground at curb or at the backdoor for customers receiving back door service effective immediately.
Services not affected at this time and will continue unaffected include:
- Yard waste (brush and brown bags)
- Bulky item call in service (white goods, household furniture) that can be picked up at curb mechanically.
- Regular (black) trash bin service
Customers that frequently have excessive trash that will not fit in their black trash container are encouraged to request a second trash bin for an additional administrative setup fee of $75 and $7.50 month thereafter. Customers with occasional excessive trash are encouraged to utilize one of the county convenience centers.
Customers who continue to set out recycling in blue bins should be aware the material will be included in trash being shipped to the landfill until local recycling processing centers are available to accept the city’s recycling.
It is the our intend to provide a safer work environment for city collection staff and to resume shipping recycling material for processing as soon as possible.
The Sanitation and Environmental Services Department is responsible for the collection and disposal of municipal solid waste, curbside recycling, residential yard and bulk waste, and city-approved containers within Franklin city limits. Our mission is to provide the citizens of Franklin effective and efficient solid waste service in an environmentally and economically responsible manner.