This Facilities Services work unit is responsible for the development, design, planning, scheduling, and management of city facilities projects. These projects cover a wide spectrum ranging from major new construction and large remodels to small projects designed to improve, repair, or enhance existing city facilities or systems. Capital projects funded through the state legislature, and city requested Recharge projects are managed by Project and Facilities Management Services.
The Goals of Project Management Services
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff, and the community.
- Consider accessibility as a priority in new construction and remodel projects.
- Provide project documentation for sharing information with the city community, contractors, consultants, and others.
- Continue to develop project management processes and skills.
Responsibilities of Project Management Services
- Work with staff to define the scope of the project, design criteria, programming, budget limitations, and other considerations.
- Develop estimates, prepare specifications, and provide construction drawings and documentation.
- Oversee architectural services as it relates to new construction, repair, and maintenance of existing facilities.
- Ensure that city standards, and state and federal building, plumbing, electrical, fire, ADA, Health and Safety, and similar codes are complied with in the design and construction phases of projects.
- Provide schedules, post notifications, and arrange for work group access.
Research products, create material lists, obtain quotes, secure bids, and draft up purchase requisitions.
- Review submittals from contractors, assist consultants, conduct pre-bid and pre-construction meetings. communicate with clients, contractors, consultants, In-house construction staff, and the city community about the impact and progress of projects as it effects them.
Act as primary on-site construction coordinator and owner's representative on construction projects.
- Process change orders and coordinate the various phases of a project with the different in-house work groups and outside contractors.
- Monitor project budgets and expenditures, and maintain project records.
- Inspect ongoing and completed work, and ensuring that project details are completed.
- Authorize payment for contracted services and close out projects.
- Assist in future biennial capital program preparation and development.
- Current maintenance of seven city of Franklin facilities
- Assist with maintenance and remodel projects COF Parks, Fire, Solid Waste, Water & Sewer and COF Police.