Mayor issues Stay at Home Order.  For more information, go to

City Hall Closed-Services continue online and on phone, call (615) 791-3217

For Covid-19 updates, visit


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Please review the information below and contact the Franklin Fire Prevention Division if you would like to apply for a permit:

Residential brush burning and trash burning - Prohibited

Residential burning of brush and trash is prohibited in Franklin. The City's Sanitation and Environmental Services Department collects yard waste/brush from homeowners. For more information, please click here, or give them a call at (615) 794-1516.

Retiring of worn or faded "Old Glory"

Retire worn, torn or tattered flags with respect and dignity by taking advantage of several Williamson County drop-off locations.  Deposited flags are ceremoniously disposed of year-round by either Franklin, TN Boy Scout Troop 137 under the leadership of Scoutmaster John Green or by the American Legion Post 215.  Please click here for details.

Campfires and bonfires – Permit required

Permits are issued for campfires and bonfires in approved recreational settings. They are not approved for the burning of trash or yard waste and they are subject to an inspection.

Construction burning – Permit required

Several requirements must be met in order to obtain a permit to burn vegetation on construction sites. These requirements include a trench and air curtain destructor in order to prevent the spread of smoke, as well as a site inspection and approval. 

Blasting – Regulated by the State of Tennessee

The State of Tennessee regulates all construction blasting. If you have questions about construction blasting, please contact the State Fire Marshal’s office at (615) 741-7190. If you have a blasting complaint, please visit our Blasting Complaints web page.

Tents/Canopies – Permit required

A temporary operational permit is required for tents having an area in excess of 200 square feet or covered canopy in excess of 400 square feet. No permit is required for tents used exclusively for recreational camping purposes. 

All tent fabric shall meet the flame “propagation performance criteria” specified in NFPA 701. Tents bearing a CPAI-84 are tested only for recreational tents and generally cannot be used in public assembly or special event functions. Outdoor patio heaters fueled by propane are generally not permitted. If the tent has removable sides which are used during an event (weather, etc.), illuminated exit signs and emergency lighting may be required. Your event coordinator or tent company may be responsible for ensuring compliance with local fire and life safety codes. Tent permits are not valid until a site inspection is performed. Failure to obtain a permit/inspection may result in the removal of your tent.