Qualified firefighter candidates will be invited to take a general knowledge multiple choice test. Here are some important points you should know:
- The test is provided by the International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR).
- The test examines a candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics necessary for success.
- No prior fire training or experience is assumed of candidates taking this entry-level test.
- The test consists of 90 multiple choice questions.
- Candidates will be given two (2) hours to complete the test.
- If you pass the multiple choice test, you will be invited to proceed to the next step in the hiring process - the Physical Ability Test.
An Entry-Level Firefighter Candidate Study Guide is available exclusively from IPMA-HR. You can order online at: http://www.publicsafetycompass.com/study