To view all City of Franklin employment opportunities, click HERE.
Firefighter Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- A record free from habitual use of drugs or intoxicants, felony convictions, and misdemeanors involving dishonesty or false statements.
- Qualified firefighter candidates will be invited to take a written test and a pass/fail Physical Ability Test.
- Firefighter candidates must pass a physical examination, as well as a background check, which will include a polygraph examination.
- Firefighter candidates must attend and successfully complete the Franklin Fire Department's recruit training program or the Tennessee Fire and Codes Academy's recruit training program.
- For a complete list of requirements, please contact the City of Franklin's Human Resources Department.
To learn more about our department, click HERE.