Payment Window open Mon-Friday 8am-Noon. City Hall Closed-Services continue online and on phone, call (615) 791-3217

For Covid-19 updates, visit

See Governor Lee's Executive Orders - Health Guidelines to Stop the Spread of COVID-19

Public Outreach/Special Events

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Little girl dressed in 4th of July attire Downtown Performance - crowd photo Dickens of a Christmas singers


Annual Events or Festivals in the City of Franklin

The City of Franklin is well known for its annual special events like the Main Street Festival, Fourth of July Celebration, Pumpkinfest, and Dickens of A Christmas. Hundreds of special events are held across the City every year. The process starts with an events permit application (see below). From there, you will need to appear before the special events committee comprised of a representative from every City Department. The Special Events Committee works with the applicant and makes recommendations or conditions for approval. Events that are under 200 attendees or participants are approved by the City Administrator’s Office. Events that are over 200 are presented to Franklin’s Board of Mayor and Aldermen at a work session meeting for discussion. The event will then go before the Board for approval, denial, or approval with changes.

Special events held on City property (or public right-of-way) REQUIRE a Special Event permit.  It’s important to plan early, AT LEAST 90 DAYS prior to an event. Applicants will also be responsible for paying for any City personnel needed during the course of the event.

Permit applications are now available online at this LINK.  

Instructions for submitting online applications:

  • If you do not have an account, click REGISTER  (orange link at top right of page)
  • If you do have an account, click SIGN IN (blue link at top right of page)
  • Begin application process by clicking on the "SUBMIT A PROJECT FOR REVIEW" (orange link in center of page)
  • For "Application Type" select "SPECIAL EVENT APPLICATION"
  • Follow the onscreen prompts

If you have trouble accessing the application, e-mail


Film Permit

A film permit [PDF] is required for all filming conducted on public property. Applicants may also be responsible for paying for any City personnel needed during the course of the event.


Public Outreach Specialist: Monique McCullough, 615.550.6606

Parks Events

Parks Department: 615-794-2103

More information about park rentals and sports.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer