The City of Franklin has created a program for the Citizens of Franklin to honor veterans that paid the ultimate sacrifice while in combat. A street with a street sign in a new residential subdivision development dedicated in the veteran’s name. Families that are interested can submit the information by going here and fill out the form or submit their name and a short bio with a picture (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org
All names submitted will be reviewed for compliance against the addressing guidelines in the Addressing Manual. Below are the guidelines for street name approval.
- Proposed street names shall be verified and approved by Building and Neighborhood Services Department and Williamson County E-911 Center prior to the development plan review.
- The maximum length for a street name including spaces and the appropriate suffix abbreviation is 17 characters.
- Street names shall not contain any punctuation or special characters. Only alphabetical symbols A through Z shall be permitted.
- The use of similar (phonetic duplications) sounding street names shall not be permitted within any portion of a specific plan or development.
- Generally, street names shall be of English language origin and shall be easy to spell and pronounce. The use of street names which are difficult to pronounce shall not be permitted.
If the proposed name clears the City of Franklin and Williamson County E-911 Centers initial review, the proposed name is presented by staff to the Williamson County Veterans Service Office for validation that the person is an actual veteran of war and was killed while serving our great nation.
The street sign design that is below is the street sign that will be used for this program honoring your fallen hero.
Please contact the Lori Jarosz at the City of Franklin Building and Neighborhood Services at 615.550.6728 or email email@example.com for further information.
If information is needed on a fallen soldier please contact the Williamson County Veterans Affairs liaison Jeanine M. Hinkle at 615.790.5623.