- Sep 20 This team from @FranklinFire Fire Marshal's Office has been - and will continue working hard to keep everyone safe… https://t.co/7UiWKh57Dc
- Sep 19 Technical Rescue 5 has arrived! Take a quick look at @FranklinFire's newest truck with Capt. Kolak and FF Shriner:… https://t.co/irfoaXcsso
Franklin Firefighters to “Fill the Boot” This Week
65th Annual Campaign Benefits the Muscular Dystrophy Association
Franklin, TN — Franklin Firefighters will kick off their annual Fill the Boot campaign this week to raise funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). They will have boots in hand outside of three Franklin Chick-fil-a restaurants, and other Franklin locations, in hopes that passers-by will fill them with change and donations. Funds collected will help children and adults who have muscular dystrophy, ALS and related muscle-debilitating diseases.
Continuing a 65-year tradition of supporting MDA, firefighters will collect on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week (September 4, 5 and 6), from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM each day at the following locations:
- Frazier Drive next to Chick-fil-a
- Southwinds Drive next to Chick-fil-a
- Shadow Green Drive next to Chick-fil-a
- Meridian and Carothers Parkway
- Front Street in Westhaven
“We are thrilled to be working with the Franklin Fire Department and Franklin Firefighters Association Local 3758 for another year of Fill the Boot,” said Regional Manager of Firefighter Partnerships, Holly Carroll.
She said that funds raised will be used for research and care for the neuromuscular community. Donations will also help send local children to MDA summer camp at Camp Widjiwagan on Percy Priest Lake, at no cost to their families.
According to Carroll, past contributions have helped fund groundbreaking research and life-enhancing programs, such as state-of-the-art support groups and care centers, including the MDA Care Center at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville.