- Jun 19 Did you know fences, landscaping, and other hardscapes can cause stormwater to back up and flood upstream neighbors… https://t.co/WdnPQJvaRJ
- Jun 19 #WaterWednesday: It's a busy work zone at the Water Reclamation Facility! Read about the latest project updates her… https://t.co/awP3rnyiqr
- Jun 18 #TrashTalkingTuesday: A BIG shout out to the more than 600 residents who have already registered for blue bins! Res… https://t.co/JNTWhwaWHx
Fun in the Summer at City of Franklin Parks
Enjoy movies, kids’ days, fishing and more right in your own back yard!
Franklin—The City of Franklin Parks Department has a full schedule of summer fun at City Parks in 2019. Pick one, or attend all eight events all the way through August! This is going to be a busy summer for the Franklin Parks team. There is a little something for everyone, from a relaxing movie in the park at Pinkerton or Eastern Flank Battlefield, or fishing at the Park at Harlinsdale Farm. They also have fun events scheduled for the littlest ones in June like Wildlife Wednesday, Fairy Tales along the Trail and the ever popular Water Day, all at Pinkerton Park. Some of the events require pre-registration, please see details below!
Pinkerton Park, 405 Murfreesboro Road. Join us for Kids Days at Pinkerton Park. Light snacks will be provided, along with entertainment.
- Wildlife Wednesday, Wednesday, June 12 9:30am-11:30am
- Fairy Tales along the Trail, Wednesday, June 26, 9:30am-11:30am
- Water Day,Wednesday, July 24, 9:00am-12:00pm
FISHIN' ON THE FARM
Friday, June 14, 10am-2pm,The Park at Harlinsdale Farm, 239 Franklin Road. Join us on the farm for fishing in the pond. Kids 12 and younger can fish in our catch and release pond. Poles and bait are supplied, but feel free to bring your own. Parents must accompany each child. Space is limited to 50 participants. To pre-register, please call the Programming Team at 615.794.2103.
MOVIES IN THE PARK
Bring a chair or pack a blanket for an evening movie! This free movie will begin at sunset. Concessions items will be available for purchase.
- May 31, 8pm, (at dark)-Pinkerton
- June 28, 8pm (at dark)-Pinkerton Park
- July 19, 8pm (at dark)-Pinkerton Park
- August 23, 8pm (at dark)-Eastern Flank Battlefield Park