- Apr 24 Do you have what it takes to be a Franklin Firefighter? No training or experience is necessary to apply! We provid… https://t.co/McswWioBLz
- Apr 23 Watch today's groundbreaking ceremony for Station 7 - a new Fire/EMS station for @FranklinFire and @Williamson_Med… https://t.co/SolmqfqrT7
- Apr 23 Learn about Franklin Fire’s amazing new Rescue 3 by following this link: https://t.co/LHesrnMqKD https://t.co/8ExtPbvB1m
- Apr 23 Parking for today's @FranklinFire and @Williamson_Med Station 7 groundbreaking ceremony at 2 PM will be at the Ag E… https://t.co/7swlMo4yLi
- Apr 22 Franklin Fire Deputy Chief Todd Horton will retire after 29 years of service to become the Director of @WCTNEMA. L… https://t.co/UKLZ61SLwM
- Apr 18 A groundbreaking ceremony for a new Fire/EMS station for @FranklinFire and @Williamson_Med will take place Tuesday… https://t.co/hDKNroeBPe
Franklin Fire Marshal Announces Promotions, Welcomes New Hire
Franklin, TN – Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King has announced a series of promotions and the hiring of a new employee in the Franklin Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Division.
Jonathan Dye and Curt Edelmann have been promoted to the position of Assistant Fire Marshal, and Ryan Naylor has been promoted to Fire Inspector. The department has also welcomed new hire Kristie Thompson as a Fire Inspector.
Assistant Fire Marshal Dye was hired by the Franklin Fire Department in 2003 as a Firefighter. He was promoted to Fire Engineer in 2007 and to Fire Inspector in 2011. Dye has a B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health from Columbia Southern University. He currently serves as a Petty Officer in the U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. Before coming to Franklin, Dye was a Firefighter for the Columbia Fire Department. He also served in the U.S. Marine Corp.
Assistant Fire Marshal Edelmann joined the Franklin Fire Department in 2014 as a Fire Inspector after relocating to Franklin from Illinois. He retired after 30 years from the Park Ridge, IL Fire Department. There he served as a Firefighter/Paramedic, Lieutenant, and Fire Prevention Bureau Director. After retiring, Edelmann was hired by Fire Safety Consultants, Inc., based in the Chicago area, where he performed third-party fire and life safety plan reviews from 2008 – 2014. These included many projects for the City of Franklin. Edelmann has a B.S. in Biology from Loyola University.
Fire Inspector Naylor was hired by the Franklin Fire Department in 2002 as a Firefighter. He is a Paramedic and has a B.S. in Occupational Safety from Eastern Kentucky University. He also has previous experience as a Firefighter for the St. Matthew’s Fire Protection District in Louisville, KY. Naylor has been a certified inspector since 2016, serving previous temporary assignments in Franklin’s Fire Prevention Division to assist with inspections and public education activities.
Fire Inspector Thompson began her fire service career in 2006 as a Fire Inspector with the Santa Ana, CA Fire Department, which later merged with the Orange County Fire Authority, where she continued serving until 2016. Thompson relocated to Williamson County when she was hired by the TN State Fire Marshal’s office as a Deputy State Fire Marshal. She has a B.A. in Speech Communication from California State University at Long Beach.
"We are very pleased with our selections for these key roles in our department,” said King. “We are fortunate to have an experienced and diversely-educated team. These individuals are dedicated to keeping Franklin safe through community planning, permitting, inspecting the built environment, and educating. It is a never-ending process that is always challenging and at the same time rewarding.”
The Franklin Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Division is responsible for fire code enforcement, fire investigations, public education, public information, and more. They can be reached at 615-791-3270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.