- Jun 10 How to install a car seat: Franklin Firefighter-Paramedic & Child Passenger Safety Instructor Jason Webb shows you… https://t.co/4RKrVjF2jq
- Jun 06 Today on the 75th anniversary of D-Day, when the Allied invasion of Normandy took place, we remember and honor thos… https://t.co/n1ijOBJ6HA
- May 31 Take 5 Minutes to learn how to save a life on Monday, June 3 @ShopCoolSprings! Firefighters and emergency responde… https://t.co/DW83PHISUk
- May 29 A family of four and their six pets survived a house fire last night thanks to working smoke alarms! Learn more at… https://t.co/yTikhSJUMa
- May 16 Franklin Fire Department personnel and other emergency responders were honored recently at the department's annual… https://t.co/pDzhh5lCLT
Teens and Young People Invited to Apply for Franklin Fire Explorer Program
2019 Program Begins February 9th
Franklin Fire Explorers with Firefighters Alex Shriner (right) and Dustin Sinclair (left).
Franklin, TN – Teens and young adults who have an interest in firefighting or emergency medical services are invited to apply for the Franklin Fire Department’s Explorer program. The 2019 program will begin on February 9th.
The FFD’s Explorer Program is for young men and women who are 14 to 20 years old. Explorers are paired with firefighters who serve as mentors and provide instruction. They gain hands-on experience in first aid, basic firefighting, tool and equipment maintenance, community relations, fire prevention and more. Explorers who complete necessary training requirements also have the opportunity to ride on fire apparatus to real emergencies.
Franklin Firefighter Alex Shriner was a Fire Explorer throughout high school and was hired by the department in 2017. He now helps to coordinate the Explorer program. “I learned skills as an Explorer that eventually led to a career for me,” said Shriner. “Several other former Explorers are also now paid firefighters throughout Middle Tennessee.”
Shriner says the Fire Explorer program is an excellent opportunity for young people to learn job and life safety skills. Monthly meetings take place on Saturdays.
The 2019 program will kick off on Saturday, February 9th with an information/orientation session at Franklin Fire Station 2, 907 Murfreesboro Road, at 9 a.m. To attend, please register by February 1, 2019 by clicking HERE.
For more information contact Firefighter Alex Shriner at email@example.com or call 615-791-3270.