Welcome to the City of Franklin's Digital Newsroom. News from every city department is posted here.
News Media-Watch our pre-packaged video stories or download raw high definition footage, sound bites and photos. If you have any questions please contact our communications manager at email@example.com, or our Fire Department PIO at firstname.lastname@example.org or Police Department at email@example.com.
City to Break Ground on Water Reclamation Facility Upgrade Project
Ceremony to be held December 4, 1pm
Franklin—The City of Franklin will break ground on the $132,890,000 upgrade project to the city’s water reclamation facility on Tuesday, December 4 at 1:00 pm at the facility located at 135 Claude Yates Drive. The Water Reclamation Facility modifications and expansion project was awarded to Kiewit Infrastructure South Company and will upgrade equipment and processes to provide additional wastewater capacity as identified in the Integrated Water Resources Plan (IWRP).
The project will include the following:
- Construction of a new equalization tank with mixing capabilities
- Construction of an upgraded headworks facility
- Addition of phosphorus removal capability (biological and chemical)
- Construction of a new UV disinfection facility
- Upgrades to the reclaimed water pump station
- Upgrades to the facility-wide odor control
- Significant electrical improvements
- Implementation of a new SCADA system
- Construction of a new solids processing building
- Construction of a new thermal hydrolysis process skid
- Construction of three new anaerobic digesters
The construction process is expected to take 3.5 years. The city will maintain operations throughout the upgrade project. Temporary access from Mack Hatcher will be open for construction vehicles.