Welcome to the City of Franklin's Digital Newsroom. News from every city department is posted here.
News Media-Watch our pre-packaged video stories or download raw high definition footage, sound bites and photos. If you have any questions please contact our communications manager at email@example.com, or our Fire Department PIO at firstname.lastname@example.org or Police Department at email@example.com.
The City of Franklin Launches New Interactive Website
The new site will Improve Citizen Engagement, Productivity and Transparency
Franklin—The City of Franklin officially launched its new website, www.franklintn.gov this week incorporating a fresh look, improved navigation and new interactive tools. Developed in partnership with the online government experts at Granicus, the new site captures the spirit of Franklin, Tennessee and puts detailed government information at the fingertips of residents and visitors.
“Our website is the portal that allows citizens to connect with local government and access services from any location, at any time of the day or night, said City Administrator, Eric Stuckey. “It’s the first impression many visitors have of our community and one of the most powerful tools we have to keep citizens engaged and informed. The redesign incorporates the latest technology and builds on the best practices of communities across the country. Our Communications team also surveyed citizens on what they wanted and used focus groups to improve the navigation and search ability”
The new City of Franklin website is an integral part of the City’s overall communications strategy. The citizen-focused site includes improved navigation, new interactive tools, mobile-friendly design and content that is plain and easy to understand. It allows residents and visitors to engage with the City on their own terms, on any device.
Many key features of the new website can be accessed directly from the new dynamic homepage that includes an “I Want To” tab that takes citizens directly to the information they need. Among the new features are:
- Beautiful imagery to showcase local sites and attractions
- A prominent search bar that directs users to ask their own questions
- Easy-to-use homepage buttons to access the most frequently requested pages
- Integrated access to social media accounts
- Mega-menus to quickly find information on sub-pages
- Service request forms to report problems and speed requests to the appropriate [city/county] department
- A document library with forms ranging from building permits to facility rentals
- Searchable, dynamic calendar of community meetings and events that can be filtered by department and easily added to personal Google, iPhone and other calendars
- Archived agendas, meeting minutes [and video]
- E-notification sign-up for news, events, job postings and bid/RFP opportunities
- Online bill payments for simple payment of parking tickets, utilities, etc.
- Detailed employee and facility directories, and community maps
“Franklin’s forward-thinking Communications team and strategic approach have created a powerful website that meets the needs of residents, business owners, visitors and developers, as well as elected officials, and Franklin employees,” said Martin Lind, Granicus govAccess’ VP of services and business development. “Cities like Franklin are leading the way toward more responsive and effective local government.”
-# # #-