- Dec 12 UPDATE: All Lanes Open: I-65 N in Franklin has completely reopened. Congestion will remain heavy for a bit as traff… https://t.co/YVpDyzXtrC
- Dec 12 Here’s a live-look at that I-65 N backup. #FPDknowbeforeyougo 👇 https://t.co/Eum9yHBSJ2
- Dec 12 For the next 30 mins or so, crews will continue to have the left two lanes of I65 N closed, between Cool Springs Bl… https://t.co/DKqKCVYZbj
- Dec 11 Let’s RT to help make TN safer by getting this Top Ten off the street tonight! Know where he is? Call 1-800-TBI-FIND https://t.co/1JuCaHgTTI
- Dec 11 It’s that time, Franklin ... lock it all up! #9PMRoutine https://t.co/y5Hl7Mk9r4
Tip line stands the test of time
Suspect identified by anonymous 2012 tip caught again, thanks to Crime Stoppers
George Brandon Doubler
In 2012, Franklin Police released video of a suspect caught on tape shoplifting several pairs of expensive sunglasses. Anonymous tips quickly identified George Brandon Doubler as the suspect.
Fast forward to February 27, 2018, when the FPD released this surveillance video of an unidentified suspect stealing a pair of Beats brand headphones from the Cool Springs Apple Store. Anonymous phone and text tips quickly poured in from citizens identifying Doubler, now six years older, as the suspect.
Fighting crime is a partnership between the community and the police. Things like the Crime Stoppers line and FPD's anonymous text tip program provide citizens who want to do good opportunities to share information, anonymously. Both voice and text tips led Franklin Police to Doubler as the previously unidentified Apple Store thief in this case.
Doubler, charged with Shoplifting – again, is due in court March 15 at 1 pm.