FACILITIES WORKER (SEASONAL)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:13.77/hour, no benefits
- Posted Date:01/20/2012
- Deadline to Apply:01/01/2100 12:00 AM
The City of Franklin Parks Department has multiple vacancies for seasonal Facilities Workers. Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Responsibilities, generally, include:
Employee must have the ability to make appropriate decisions regarding general facility maintenance, park cleaning and inspecting areas of abnormal conditions with taking corrective action as necessary. Must work indoors/outdoors in inclement weather and deal effectively with the public.
Performs a variety of duties, which may include
? Accomplish written daily schedules for facility maintenance workers and continually review and refine the methods for providing facilities maintenance services; allocate resources on the basis of established schedules and priorities.
? Receive emergency maintenance calls via radio or cellular telephone and provide appropriate responses; evaluate problems and establish installation, maintenance or repair priorities consistent with Facility Division goals; review and prioritize all work orders.
• Schedules and performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment and tools in operable condition, which may include inspecting equipment, checking fluid levels, replacing fluids, greasing equipment, washing/cleaning equipment, and cleaning shop/work areas; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment, makes minor adjustments and conduct equipment and vehicle inspections as necessary.
• Transports, loads and unloads various equipment and materials, which may include blowers, pressure washers, cleaning supplies, chemicals and other supply/equipment.
• Receives various forms, instructional materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
• Communicates with supervisor, employees, various parks department divisions, other departments, City officials, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
High school diploma (or GED equivalent) required; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training involving general facility maintenance and/or parks and recreation facilities (or related); or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Submit resume to email@example.com or fax to 615.791.3297.