GROUNDS WORKER (SEASONAL)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:13.77/hour, no benefits
- Posted Date:01/20/2012
- Deadline to Apply:01/01/2100 12:00 AM
The City of Franklin Parks Department has multiple vacancies for seasonal grounds workers. Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Responsibilities, generally, include:
• Employee must have the ability to make appropriate decisions regarding proper ground maintenance and inspecting areas of abnormal conditions with taking corrective action as necessary. Must work outdoors in inclement weather and deal effectively with the public.
• Performs a variety of duties, which may include mowing grass areas with commercial mowers, blowers, edging, trimming and clearing parkland areas by using chainsaws or specialized tools.
• Executes written daily/weekly schedules and continually reviews and refines the methods for providing mowing maintenance services/inspections; Prepare park facilities/grounds for special events including limited to City-wide events.
• Estimate time, materials, and equipment for jobs assigned; plan and execute department work orders.
• Schedules and performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment and tools in operable condition, which may include inspecting equipment, checking fluid levels, replacing fluids, greasing equipment, washing/cleaning equipment, and cleaning shop/work areas; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment, makes minor adjustments and conduct equipment and vehicle inspections as necessary.
• Transports, loads and unloads various equipment and materials, which may include commercial mowers, edger’s, tractor, all wheel steer loader, utility vehicles, leaf blowers and other equipment used.
• Receives various forms, instructional materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
• Communicates with supervisor, employees, various parks divisions, other departments, City officials, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
High school diploma (or GED equivalent) required; supplemented by one (1) year previous experience and/or training involving grounds keeping, and/or general golf course work (or related); or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Deadline: Open Until Filled