To encourage the production and maintenance of affordable housing, raise community awareness of potential business opportunities involving partnerships with neighborhood residents and community development organizations, and advise the Board of Mayor and Aldermen on affordable, workforce, and moderately-priced housing issues and opportunities.
Some of their accomplishments include the following:
- A City staff position has been approved to focus on affordable/workforce housing;
- Ordinance 2008-22 [PDF] housing chapter in the Municipal Code and to waive building permit fees for housing non-profits;
- Ordinance 2008-51 [PDF] was adopted that created water/wastewater incentives for lower income families;
- Ordinance 2008-52 [PDF] was adopted that created a reserve fund for residents and businesses to make donations that will be used to create affordable/workforce housing opportunities;
- Ordinance 2008-60 [PDF] was adopted to declare the intent to provide fair housing opportunities within Franklin;
Franklin Housing Commission
PLANAPALOOZA--Zoning Ordinance Update
- Date: 02/20/2019 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM
- Location: City Hall
109 Third Avenue South
Franklin, Tennessee 37064
Town Planning and Urban Design Collaborative LLC (TPUDC) has been hired by the City to help with the Zoning Ordinance update (Zone Franklin) and will be facilitating the following sessions to obtain input from the community. All events are open to the public and the times are listed below.
•Tuesday, February 19th at 6:00 PM – Presentation Kickoff & Citizen Input Workshop to follow (City Hall Training Room).
*The design studio will be open from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
*ALL EVENTS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.