To encourage the production and maintenance of affordable housing, raise community awareness of potential business opportunities involving partnerships with neighborhood residents and community development organizations, and advise the Board of Mayor and Aldermen on affordable, workforce, and moderately-priced housing issues and opportunities.
Some of their accomplishments include the following:
- A City staff position has been approved to focus on affordable/workforce housing;
- Ordinance 2008-22 [PDF] housing chapter in the Municipal Code and to waive building permit fees for housing non-profits;
- Ordinance 2008-51 [PDF] was adopted that created water/wastewater incentives for lower income families;
- Ordinance 2008-52 [PDF] was adopted that created a reserve fund for residents and businesses to make donations that will be used to create affordable/workforce housing opportunities;
- Ordinance 2008-60 [PDF] was adopted to declare the intent to provide fair housing opportunities within Franklin;
Franklin Housing Commission
Mobile Food Vending Open House
- Date: 11/09/2018 9:00 AM - 10:30 PM
The City of Franklin will be hosting an Open House meeting on Friday November 9th from 9-10:30 AM in the City Hall Training Room.
Residents, property owners, business owners, and mobile food vendors are encouraged to attend. In addition to the Open House, the City of Franklin has also created the following website where comments can be submitted on-line. https://www.franklintn.gov/business/mobile-food-vending-program