To encourage the production and maintenance of affordable housing, raise community awareness of potential business opportunities involving partnerships with neighborhood residents and community development organizations, and advise the Board of Mayor and Aldermen on affordable, workforce, and moderately-priced housing issues and opportunities.
Some of their accomplishments include the following:
- A City staff position has been approved to focus on affordable/workforce housing;
- Ordinance 2008-22 [PDF] housing chapter in the Municipal Code and to waive building permit fees for housing non-profits;
- Ordinance 2008-51 [PDF] was adopted that created water/wastewater incentives for lower income families;
- Ordinance 2008-52 [PDF] was adopted that created a reserve fund for residents and businesses to make donations that will be used to create affordable/workforce housing opportunities;
- Ordinance 2008-60 [PDF] was adopted to declare the intent to provide fair housing opportunities within Franklin;
Franklin Housing Commission
CANCELLED: Public Information Sessions Floodplain regulations and community rating system
- Date: 03/17/2020 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: City Hall Training Room
109 3rd Ave. S.
Franklin, Tennessee 37064
- Introduction: CANCELLED-These open house sessions are to provide information and gather input from citizens and stakeholders regarding floodplain regulations and the Community Rating System (CRS) in response to the Board of Mayor and Alderman request during the adoption of the new Franklin Zoning Ordinance
The City of Franklin Building and Neighborhood Services Department will host Community outreach meetings on Monday, March 2, 2020
and Tuesday, March 17, 2020 between 5:00p.m. and 6:30p.m. in the City Hall training room. These open house sessions are to provide information and gather input from citizens and stakeholders regarding floodplain regulations and the Community Rating System (CRS) in response to the Board of Mayor and Alderman request during the adoption of the new City of Franklin Zoning Ordinance. Please contact Shanna McCoy or Alex Brown at 615-794-7012 with questions.
Topics Monday March 2, 2020:
- Freeboard requirement
- Substantial Damage/Improvement
- Determining value of structure
- Floodway Uses (Parking)
Topics Tuesday March 17, 2020
- Community Rating System
To request a reasonable accommodation contact: 615-550-6649.
Please dial 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Service.