In honor of Preservation month in MAY, The City of Franklin is giving citizens the opportunity to win a fabulous night out on the town in Franklin, TN valued at more than $150, including dinner at Grays, and entertainment at the Franklin Theatre. Other prizes include Visa gift cards, a Heritage Foundation gift basket, gifts from the Tin Cottage and other Franklin goodies from the Convention and Visitors Bureau and the downtown Starbucks! The winning photos will be displayed at the Downtown Franklin Starbucks Photo Wall. Just enter the #myhistoricfranklinphoto contest between May 1 and May 15, 2017. Snap a photo of either Franklin's Historic Architecture or beautiful landscape that you find worthy of preservation, and post your photo on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hash tag #myhistoricfranklinphoto and tag the city as well @cityoffranklin (Instagram users use @cityoffranklintn)! See full rules for entry below!
See Official Rules for Entry:
Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these General Rules.
How to Enter:
1. To enter, post your photo to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and use the hashtag #myhistoricfranklinphoto, and tag the city @cityoffranklin (Instagram users use @cityoffranklintn). The photos must be posted between May 1 and May 15, 2017.
2. The city will contact the winner through the social media site used to post the photo.
3. Each entry must include an aspect of Franklin that features (1) Architecture and/or (2) Landscape.
4. Photograph can be old or new.
You must be 15 years or older to participate.
You must be a legal resident of Franklin, TN.
Selection of winner:
1. A panel of judges compiled by the City of Franklin's Preservation Planner will decide winning photograph.
2. All decisions of the judges of the Contest will be final and binding.
3. Winner will be announced on May 23, 2017, at the Board of Mayor and Aldermen Meeting and later on the City’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
4. All photographs submitted become the property of the City of Franklin and, as such, may be published elsewhere (including social media pages) without the express written consent of the entrant.
5. The winning photographs will be featured on the City of Franklin's website, posted at the downtown Franklin Starbucks, and shown at The Franklin Theatre. Entrants waive any and all rights to photographs and give the City of Franklin the right to publish same in any medium without compensating non-winning entrants.
1. Entrants must post a photo to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and use the hashtag #myhistoricfranklinphoto. The photos must be posted between May 1 and May 15, 2017. After the winners are chosen, winning entries must be sent via digital delivery in JPEG or jpg, eps, or png format only.
2. Up to three (3) images per contestant will be considered.
3. Entrant must be the owner of the photograph or otherwise have the right to submit the photograph for consideration in the Contest.
4. The City of Franklin reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any photographs. No inappropriate, indecent, or obscene photographs may be submitted to the City of Franklin for entry in this contest.
5. The City of Franklin is not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections; miscommunications; failed telephone or computer transmissions or technical failure; lost online entries; jumbled, scrambled, or misdirected transmissions; or other error of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic.
6. In entering the contest, you subject yourself to both the General Rules and Promotional Release. By submitting images to the Contest, you are deemed to have reviewed, read, and accepted both.
7. A downtown Franklin Prize package valued at over $150.00 will be awarded to our first-place winner. A Heritage Foundation prize package valued at more than $140.00 will be awarded to our second-place winner, and a prize package valued at more than $100 from the Tin Cottage will be awarded to our third-place winner. Prizes may only be picked up during normal City business hours (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) at City Hall, 109 Third Ave. South, Franklin, TN 37064. You must present a valid ID. If health factors keep winner from traveling, winner may have a family member or friend pick up the prize with a copy of contest winner's valid ID and a signed written statement from contest winner allowing them to do so. Prize(s) must be claimed within three (3) months of the date of notification to winner(s).
By submitting an entry and participating in the Contest, the entrant irrevocably transfers, grants, and assigns the City of Franklin the right worldwide and in perpetuity to use the name, likeness, image, and photographs, including any reproductions of same, in any and all media including, without limitation, use on the City of Franklin's website and social media pages in connection with the Contest and other promotions, for any advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and releases the City of Franklin from any liability with respect thereto.