The Sanitation and Environmental Services Collection Division is responsible for the collection and disposal of all residential, commercial, yard and bulk waste within Franklin City Limits.
The City of Franklin began its Blue Bag Curbside Recycling program on July 12, 2010. See the Blue Bag Link for more information.
Sanitation and Environmental Services Collection Rates
Solid Waste collection is one of the many services provided to the citizens of Franklin. Current service rates do not cover the full cost of providing this service. The General Fund subsidizes residential solid waste service by allocating funds each year to cover the difference between revenue generated and the expense of operating the service.
The residential rates for once per week curbside service are $17.50 per month for the first container; $7.50 per month for each additional container. Additional containers can be purchased through the Sanitation and Environmental Services Department by calling (615)794-1516. For information on commercial rates, visit the Service Rate section.
When preparing your Sanitation and Environmental Services collection, please remember:
Only City-provided Containers will be serviced. Privately-owned trash cans will not be emptied.
- All household refuse must be BAGGED and placed INSIDE your container. Household refuse outside of the 90-gallon container will not be picked up unless it has a Buck-A-Bag sticker attached to each plastic bag.
- Brush and limbs, cut by the homeowner, will be collected if the length of branches is no longer than six (6) feet. Trunks or limbs of trees measuring six (6) inches or more in diameter must be cut into pieces no longer than two (2) feet.
- Cardboard boxes must be broken down and laid flat at curbside, at least five (5) feet from the rollout container.
- Yard waste (including leaves) and grass clippings must be placed in biodegradable paper bags at least five (5) feet from the rollout container.
There are special services available for elderly or physically challenged residents. For information on these programs, please call (615) 794-1516.
Your Sanitation and Environmental Services Collection
Our department provides residential services to customers, as defined in the City of Franklin Municipal Code (Title 17: Refuse & Trash Disposal). A copy of the Code is available, in its entirety, within the "Government" tab of our website. To summarize, please note the following rules:
- Only City-provided Containers will be serviced. Privately-owned trash cans will not be emptied.
- All household refuse must be BAGGED and placed INSIDE your container. Household refuse outside of the 90-gallon container will not be picked up without Buck-A-Bag stickers attached.
- Grass clippings must be BAGGED in BIODEGRADEABLE PAPER BAGS and placed at least five (5) feet from your rollout container.
Efficiency of our automated and semi-automated daily operations depends on help from you, our customer. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (615) 794-1516, between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:00 pm (Monday through Friday), visit our Frequently Asked Questions, or you may e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.