The Long Range Planning Division is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Providing recommendations about future land use and development based on Franklin's Land Use Plan and other guiding city documents
- Assisting the Franklin Municipal Planning Commission in periodic maintenance of the Land Use Plan, including major updates and amendments, and providing staff review of applicant requests for amendments
- Conducting special studies and preparing reports and other community-based plans
- Presenting various items and recommendations for consideration by the Franklin Planning Commission, Board of Mayor and Aldermen, and Sustainability Commission
- Engaging the community in long-range planning initiatives through various committees, task forces, community groups, non-profits, and citizens
For questions regarding long-range planning initiatives, please contact Kelly Dannenfelser, Long Range Planning Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-550-6735.