- Expertise and technical assistance to the following Commissions and committees.
- Franklin Municipal Planning Commission
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Sustainability Commission
- Franklin Historic Zoning Commission
- Battlefield Commission
- Long Range Planning initiatives to analyze, forecast and guide future development
- Administer performance agreements and sureties related to improvements associated with new development
- Landscape inspections
- Resource for public questions and information
The Franklin Department of Planning and Sustainability's mission is to improve the Franklin built environment, while promoting the conservation of both the environment and historic resources through effective and efficient use of plans and regulations. This includes maintaining far-sighted policies and goals through planning documents, such as the following.
The department implements those policies and goals through land-use regulations such as the Zoning Ordinance, the Subdivision Regulations, and the Historic Zoning Commission Design Guidelines. The efficient and effective implementation of the plans and regulations of Franklin provides a solid foundation for an excellent quality of life for its residents and stakeholders.