The City of Franklin Parks provide a wonderful opportunity for field days, picnics or special event!
By coordinating your activity with the Parks Department, each group is assured the best location for specific events. If your group would like to use a Franklin Park for an activity, follow the links below.
Why should schools or groups contact the Parks Department at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled event?
- conflicts can be avoided with other scheduled groups
- verification that the park will be open for use
- maintenance and mowing rescheduled
- allows us to avoid overuse of the facilities
- coordination for bus access and parking
- ability to direct the group to the correct park for your activity
- provide additional trash receptacles
- assist in coordinating parking and emergency access for large events
Reserved Park Usage
This includes those who reserve a park space through the city permit process with parties of 50 people or more.
- Liability insurance is required
- General non-school users
- School application for park use (Obtaining a permit does not entitle the user to exclusive use of the park.)
Drop-in Park Usage
This includes those who drop in at the various park sites without reserving the site, but are less than 50 persons. This is on a first come, first served basis.
- Park-sponsored events or activities have precedence over all other activities. If your party or gathering is less than 50 people you may not be required to have a permit but you must contact the Program Division prior.
- Please call ahead to verify the scheduled use of the park you are interested in utilizing. If you want to reserve the use of a park at a particular time and date then you must go through the event permit process and provide liability insurance. Contact: Program Division at (615) 794-2103 or email at email@example.com to request an application to reserve a place if your group is 50 or more.
- Application Forms