705 Boyd Mill Ave Franklin, TN 37064
An equipment upgrade on the playground nearest the tennis courts will have portions of the playground closed from August 13th-16th. Thank you for your patience as we make these improvements.
Jim Warren Park is a 58-acre active park located at 705 Boyd Mill Avenue. Home of the Franklin Baseball Club and Franklin Cowboys youth organizations, Jim Warren Park has 12 baseball fields and 4 football fields. Among the many amenities are tennis courts, two basketball courts, picnic tables and grills, a pond, walking trails and playground equipment. A large enclosed pavilion may be reserved by calling the parks office.
- 58 Acres
- 2 Pavilions (1 enclosed) - Both pavilions have Electrical Outlets and Overhead Lights
- 12 Lighted Baseball Fields
- 4 Football Fields
- 2 Multi-purpose Fields
- 2 Playgrounds
- 8 Tennis Courts
- 2 1/2 Mile Walking Trail
- Skatepark (16,000 sq ft)
- 1 Outdoor Basketball Court
- 1 Catch and Release Pond
Designed to meet two sets of challenges, transitional and street skating, the 16-foot kidney-shaped skate bowl creates a challenge for the advanced transitional skater. The bowl transitions from a 7ft. vertical to an 11 ft. deep well. The plaza contains four staircases with hand rails, five ramps and 100- feet of ledges. Funding for the 15,000 square foot skate park was in part due to a grant obtained from the State as part of the Local Parks and Recreation Fund (LPRF). The City was awarded a $100,000 matching grant in July 2005. The Plaza will be open to in-line skaters and skate-boarders from dawn until dusk. During the Fall and Winter months, the Skate Park will close at 5:00 PM daily.
Skate Plaza Rules
Enter and skate at your own risk. This facility is NOT supervised.
- Know your abilities and skate at your own risk. Children who are too young to recognize the risks associated with using this facility should be supervised by an adult.
- Helmets required; knee and elbow pads are strongly recommended.
- The parks is for skateboards and in-line skating only. Bicycles and scooters are not allowed.
- NOT ALLOWED: Drugs, alcohol, food, glass containers, loud music, vandalism, stickers, tagging, unruly conduct, any modifications to the park property, huge egos.
- CAUTION: Rain or snow can create hazardous conditions. Avoid skating until dry.
- Organized events require a Special Event Permit [PDF] which may be obtained via this web site or through the Franklin Parks Department.
- City of Franklin Parks staff shall enforce all park rules and reserves the right to restrict entry to the skatepark.
For further information or to report damage and/or abuse, call the Franklin Parks Department at (615) 794-2103 or the Franklin Police Department at (615) 794-2513. For an emergency, call 911.