Click here to search for employment opportunitiesJob postings also listed on and . Like us today!
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
1. Your application is the first impression we have of you. Please check for misspelled words, typographical errors and proper capitalization.
2. Resumes may be attached in addition to, but not in place of, any portion of the application. When completing your work history, DO NOT use “See Resume” as your response. Only the information you provide under WORK EXPERIENCE will be considered in determining if you meet the minimum experience requirements.
3. It is critical that you provide complete information. The information you provide in the application will be used to determine whether you meet minimum education and experience requirements. Additional proof may be requested. Applications may be rejected if sections are omitted or are incomplete.
4. Begin your work history with your current place of employment and work backwards. Include ALL places of paid employment.
5. List any periods of unemployment and the reason.
6. Be sure to complete all sections of the employment application.
The City of Franklin is committed to providing reasonable access and accommodations for people with disabilities upon request. Access provided for people with disabilities. Please call the Risk Management Department at (615)791-3277 for specific requests.
The number of applicants interviewed for any position varies according to departmental requirements, availability of qualified applicants and other variables. The City of Franklin does not contact every job applicant to report the status of the hiring process. You may check the status of the hiring process on our website by clicking on this link, Check Job Status. Only applicants to be interviewed, applicants who have been interviewed or who have received a job offer are personally contacted by the Human Resources Department. Once the job vacancy process is complete, all other applicants will be notified via email. This email will inform the applicants that the position has been filled but their application will remain on file for six months.
The City of Franklin shall conduct appropriate background checks on all final candidates for employment. The scope and nature of this background check may vary based upon the type of position being filled. After a conditional offer of employment, candidates for certain positions may be required to undergo a background check completed by an independent company under contract with the City.
After a conditional offer of employment is made, the Human Resources department will conduct thorough professional and personal references on the candidate.
After a conditional offer of employment and prior to the first day of employment with the City of Franklin, all regular full-time new hires shall be required to undergo and pass a medical examination to determine physical fitness to perform the essential functions of the position for which they have been offered employment. Such physicals shall be job-related and in accordance with the City’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy, including drug testing. Certain public safety positions may also require successful completion of a post-offer psychological exam, as required by law.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
The City of Franklin is covered under the Drug and Alcohol Testing for the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991 with regard to the drug and alcohol testing of certain employee groups. In accordance with the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991 (the Act) through the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the City of Franklin will conduct pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, random, post-accident, return to duty and follow up alcohol and controlled substances testing of city employees who perform safety-sensitive functions (i.e., operating a commercial motor vehicle with a GVW of 26,001 which requires a commercial driver's license or requires a CDL as part of the job description). For other safety-sensitive positions that do not require a commercial driver’s license, the City of Franklin follows the TN Drug Free Workplace guidelines. This includes all full-time, part-time, occasional and leased staff, and independent contractors.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Franklin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran’s status in employment opportunities and benefits. The City of Franklin adheres to Title VI as well as Title VII. Equal employment opportunity principles govern all aspects of the City's personnel policies, program practices, and operations. All phases of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, promotion, transfer, assignment, training, benefits, and separation, shall be conducted in compliance with equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.