Disposal of home/residential extinguishers
- Please contact the manufacturer of your extinguisher to determine how to best dispose of it.
- Your extinguisher may NOT be disposed of with household trash.
- Extinguishers are also NOT accepted through Franklin's BOPAE (Batteries, Oil, Paint, Antifreeze, Electronic Waste) program.
When to replace your extinguisher
- Replace your extinguisher if the gauge or pressure indicator needle is not in the "green" or "full" area (some household extinguishers do not have gauges), or it shows signs of damage (cracking on the hose or nozzle, nozzle blocked with debris, handle that's wobbly, broken or missing).
- Replace your extinguisher every 12 years, even if it appears to be in good working order.
Workplace fire extinguisher training
- Click here to watch an original FFD video that satisfies your annual OSHA-mandated workplace fire extinguisher training.
- For more information about on-site fire extinguisher training for your workplace, please click here.