The Franklin Fire Department has several certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians on staff. Let us help you make sure your child is safe!
- Car seat assistance is available Monday - Saturday by appointment only.
- NO drop-ins, please! Call 615-550-6899 the morning you’d like to have your seat checked and schedule a same day appointment. We make same day appointments only. We do not make advance appointments.
- Appointments may not be available every day, depending on staffing and other activities/incidents.
- Please remember that units remain in service and your appointment may be cancelled at any moment without notice if necessary for emergency response.
- The firefighter who takes your call will advise you which fire station to go to.
- Please allow 30 minutes for your appointment.
- Please bring your child with you if at all possible.
- Please bring the car seat manual and the vehicle manual with you.
According to Safe Kids USA, when installed and used properly child safety seats and safety belts prevent injuries and save lives. Safe Kids statistics show that young children restrained in child safety seats have an 80 percent lower risk of fatal injury than those who are unrestrained.
New car seat recommendations from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are more stringent then the Tennessee state law requirements (below), but are considered best practice and safest for your child. To read the new recommendations, CLICK HERE.