Project Description: In July of 2005, the City started the design of the Franklin Road Project (Harpeth River Bridge to Harpeth Industrial Court) as part of Franklin’s Corridor & Connector Streets Economic Development Projects. After the 2008 economic downturn, this project was shelved for nearly 8 years. In 2016, the Board of Mayor and Aldermen funded this project within the FY2017-2026 Capital Investment Program project list. The design is now complete. As of 2018, the City entered into the easement acquisition phase. Construction could begin towards the middle of 2019.
The proposed Franklin Road improvements include the following:
- Roadway widening from a 2-lane roadway with shoulders to 3-lanes with curb and gutter
- Wide outside roadway travel lanes that accommodate bicycles
- New sidewalks along both sides of the roadway
- Street trees
- New decorative street lighting
- Traffic signal upgrades at both Old Liberty Pike and Liberty Pike
- Relocating all overhead utilities into underground duct banks
- Upgrading older and undersized water and sanitary sewer utility lines
- Installing a new stormwater sewer system with catch basins and yard inlets
- Other miscellaneous streetscape enhancements.
Length & Limits: Harpeth River Bridge to Harpeth Industrial Court/Hooper Lane
William Banks – Project Manager
Direct Line (615) 550-6677
Engineering Department (615) 791-3218