The City of Franklin recognizes that signs perform an important function in identifying businesses, properties, services, events and other matters of public interest. The size, numbers and characters, and location of signs affect the safety of vehicular traffic and help define the character of an area.
The Sign Regulations found in the City of Franklin Zoning Ordinance establish standards for the location, quantity and characteristics of signs throughout the City. The intent of the sign standards is to encourage effective communication, maintain a pleasing appearance, attract business, improve safety, minimize adverse effects and define areas of the city. Permits are required for the installation of most types of signs. Some signs may also require an electrical permit. As of March 1, 2017, sign applications will one be accepted electronically through the Contractor's Plan Room.
For more information about Signs, please contact:
- Teresa Stevens (615)550-6642 or via email at email@example.com
- Sign Plan Review Process
- Sign Ordinance
- Electric Signs and Outline Lighting
- Freestanding Monument Signs
- Monument Signs over 6ft tall
- Sign Permit Application (all sign applications are electronic, this will redirect you to the electronic submittal site. Choose application type 13) Sign Permit)
- Electrical Permit
- Authorization to Post Signs