- Jul 19 New parking laws, parking garage availability and maps of Franklin free parking areas are all at… https://t.co/mlY9ueYoAI
- Jul 19 #TBT: Let's go back to the year 1947 and take a peek inside one of Franklin's popular department stores on Main Str… https://t.co/955IxJTqvv
- Jul 18 #WaterWednesday: As you do landscaping work, make sure you are properly disposing of your yard waste. Debris & lit… https://t.co/z0GvG0Ptk8
- Jul 17 Four years ago we premiered this original song and video about the @FranklinTNPD's Non-Emergency Hotline.… https://t.co/Ac3Ja1E84R
- Jul 17 It's 🌎Emoji Day..comment ⬇️⬇️only in 😃🤩👍 to show how you feel about Franklin, TN! #Worldemojiday https://t.co/itfVVd4S68
Franklin is the place to be to celebrate the 4th of July
Downtown Main Street by day, and the Park at Harlinsdale Farm by night
Franklin— Thousands are expected to attend the popular Franklin on the Fourth celebration on the square happening Wednesday, July 4th in Franklin and sponsored by the Franklin Lions Club. Festivities begin at 10:00 a.m. with music, food and craft vendors, antique cars, a kid’s zone and much more. The event will also feature a Children’s Patriotic Parade at 5:00 p.m, line-up for the parade begins at 4:45, to register go to the Lions Club Booth on the square at the event. There will be prizes for best costume and decorated bikes and wagons. Pets are welcome.
The Park at Harlinsdale is the prime spot for viewing the fireworks show. The show is sponsored by WAKM, and the City of Franklin. Friends of Franklin Parks is hosting the community in the Tractor Supply Co. Arena featuring two bands, concessions for purchase, beer tents, and a kid’s area featuring old fashioned kids games and crafts. The two bands are People on the Porch at 6:00 p.m. followed by Rubiks Groove at about 7:00 p.m. Sponsors working with Friends of Franklin Parks to bring a free and fun family event include Sonic, and Berry Farms. Attendees are invited to bring lawn chairs or blankets to view the show. The fireworks are expected to begin at approximately 9:00 p.m.
No alcohol is allowed to be brought into City Parks, as mentioned previously concessions will be available. Fireworks and sparklers are illegal within Franklin City limits and are strictly prohibited in City Parks. The grass is dry in the park and sparks or flames could easily start a fire.
For more information about the Franklin Lions Club and TN events festival go to http://www.franklinjazzfestival.com/4th-of-july . For information about Friends of Franklin Parks go to www.friendsoffranklinparks.org.
-# # #-