- Jun 18 Tonight at Police Headquarters :) https://t.co/v65vGHJuLu
- Jun 17 Dads: Let’s invest in our sons & daughters, every day, and nurture a generation of young ladies & gentlemen who wil… https://t.co/E0NHUuBQo3
- Jun 16 Two Deputies murdered by a prisoner they were transporting. What heartbreaking losses for thier families and this K… https://t.co/loseUky3u3
- Jun 16 Street Closure, 10a-3p: 11th Ave N. from 96W to Glass St, today, for #Juneteenth Celebration. https://t.co/rLxd2jGSUi
- Jun 15 ID sought for individual who took someone else’s cash-back at self-serve checkout https://t.co/hZ1HJ5td6W
Tip line stands the test of time
Suspect identified by anonymous 2012 tip caught again, thanks to Crime Stoppers
George Brandon Doubler
In 2012, Franklin Police released video of a suspect caught on tape shoplifting several pairs of expensive sunglasses. Anonymous tips quickly identified George Brandon Doubler as the suspect.
Fast forward to February 27, 2018, when the FPD released this surveillance video of an unidentified suspect stealing a pair of Beats brand headphones from the Cool Springs Apple Store. Anonymous phone and text tips quickly poured in from citizens identifying Doubler, now six years older, as the suspect.
Fighting crime is a partnership between the community and the police. Things like the Crime Stoppers line and FPD's anonymous text tip program provide citizens who want to do good opportunities to share information, anonymously. Both voice and text tips led Franklin Police to Doubler as the previously unidentified Apple Store thief in this case.
Doubler, charged with Shoplifting – again, is due in court March 15 at 1 pm.