- Feb 23 It might be Winter but it feels like Spring - so it’s a perfect morning to do a little Spring cleaning at the Liber… https://t.co/CWmwjjiqYT
- Feb 21 #WaterWednesday: If you’re hanging out near the Harpeth you may hear the raspy call of the Belted Kingfisher. Belte… https://t.co/o3duDT931P
- Feb 21 Rain on Main https://t.co/ZsPpVnz4VG
- Feb 21 Teens and young adults who have an interest in firefighting or emergency medical services are invited to apply for… https://t.co/zT2IeMcH0I
- Feb 20 #TrashTalkingTuesday: Did you know that there is a place to recycle your batteries, oil, paint, antifreeze and elec… https://t.co/7So6SvdcAC
Armed, convicted felon & serial burglar back behind bars following joint investigation
(photo courtesy Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office)
Richard Jacob Hartman
An investigation by Franklin Police and the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office has landed a serial auto burglar back behind bars. On Tuesday, Franklin PD and Williamson County Detectives arrested 23-year-old Richard Hartman, of Murfreesboro, in the trailer park at 800 Rock Springs Road, in Smyrna.
Detectives developed Hartman, a convicted felon out on probation, as the suspect responsible for dozens of auto burglaries throughout Franklin and Williamson County. At the time of his arrest, Hartman was armed with a handgun stolen from a car in Franklin’s Ladd Park Subdivision earlier that same morning.
Franklin Police charged Hartman with Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon. He is being held in the Rutherford County Jail on that charge. Hartman, who already has a lengthy history, faces several new Auto Burglary charges in Franklin and Williamson County. He will be transferred to the Williamson County Jail at an undetermined date.
# # #