- Jan 23 #TrashTalkingTuesday: A lot of folks love our Touch A Truck event - here is the next best thing! Enjoy these clips… https://t.co/GlQ9OQypPA
- Jan 23 Have you voted yet?! Mayor Ken Moore and City Administrator Eric Stuckey are putting their dance skills to the test… https://t.co/NsQOPyx8Zu
- Jan 22 Earlier today the cast and crew from @Chrisley_USA shot an upcoming episode at Fire Station 8. Thank you,… https://t.co/EDxBSqgITa
- Jan 19 Team Ken is in the lead! Vote now for your favorite dancer! https://t.co/FjD1eIWK4C https://t.co/jVD4Pk68UH
- Jan 18 #TBT: The American Syrup and Canning Company was located on Natchez Street and W. Main. Farmers would contract with… https://t.co/p26P4csepO
Franklin Police capture fugitive in local neighborhood
A suspect’s 6-week run from the law came to an end yesterday. Franklin Police Officers captured 18-year-old Nicholas Owens during a foot pursuit through the Maplewood Subdivision early Wednesday afternoon.
Originally wanted for fleeing from a vehicle during a drug investigation in November, Owens fled the scene of a vehicle crash late Tuesday night, evading officers in his vehicle and then on foot.
Wednesday morning, Officers got a tip that Owens was at a residence in the 200 block of Jeanette place. Owens fled from arriving Officers by jumping out of a window at the home. Additional officers responded to the area and captured Owens after they spotted him jumping a backyard fence on Shadycrest Lane.
Owens remains jailed on the $29,500 set by the Magistrate. Charged with the offenses below, Owens is due in court on January 25 at 1:00 pm:
◾Evading Arrest in a Motor Vehicle
◾x3 counts Evading Arrest on Foot
◾Failure to Report a Crash
◾x2 counts Leaving the Scene of a Crash
◾Driving Without a License
◾Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
◾Failure to Appear
◾Unlawful Possession of a Legend Drug
# # #