- Aug 15 #WaterWednesday: Each year we collect water quality data, look for macroinvertebrate (bug) species, and assess the… https://t.co/6QZ9czdtCa
- Aug 14 #TrashTalkingTuesday: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report areas with excessive litter along City stree… https://t.co/vFoL9aNeRf
- Aug 13 Are you a @ChickfilA fan?! Franklin is getting 2 more! One is going to be located at the site of the old Rite Aid D… https://t.co/tRN2UCp56z
- Aug 10 Chief Rocky Garzarek and Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson met with fire fighter delegations from Rueil-Malmaison France a… https://t.co/OxEv9S9arW
- Aug 10 Today, the Franklin Noon Rotary Club held a Ribbon Cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of a permanent and… https://t.co/z2kFqwOSeW
Franklin Police Department Seeking Qualified Police Officer Applicants
Increased salary for TN certified officers
The Franklin Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer. Under limited supervision, patrols assigned zone while exercising responsibility for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare. Controls traffic, prevents crime or disturbances of the peace, and arrests violators. While working under often stressful, high-risk conditions, applies good independent judgment when dealing with dangerous or unusual situations and implements safe practices and procedures.
$19.25/hour for non-P.O.S.T. – Certified applicants
$21.77/hour for P.O.S.T. – Certified Officers
Education and Experience:
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of an Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
◾Eligible to become P.O.S.T. certified
◾At least twenty-one years of age
◾Licensed and qualified to operate a firearm
◾Valid Tennessee driver’s license