- Feb 23 It might be Winter but it feels like Spring - so it’s a perfect morning to do a little Spring cleaning at the Liber… https://t.co/CWmwjjiqYT
- Feb 21 #WaterWednesday: If you’re hanging out near the Harpeth you may hear the raspy call of the Belted Kingfisher. Belte… https://t.co/o3duDT931P
- Feb 21 Rain on Main https://t.co/ZsPpVnz4VG
- Feb 21 Teens and young adults who have an interest in firefighting or emergency medical services are invited to apply for… https://t.co/zT2IeMcH0I
- Feb 20 #TrashTalkingTuesday: Did you know that there is a place to recycle your batteries, oil, paint, antifreeze and elec… https://t.co/7So6SvdcAC
Franklin Police Department Seeking Qualified Police Officer Applicants
Increased salary for TN certified officers
The Franklin Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer. Under limited supervision, patrols assigned zone while exercising responsibility for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare. Controls traffic, prevents crime or disturbances of the peace, and arrests violators. While working under often stressful, high-risk conditions, applies good independent judgment when dealing with dangerous or unusual situations and implements safe practices and procedures.
$19.25/hour for non-P.O.S.T. – Certified applicants
$21.77/hour for P.O.S.T. – Certified Officers
Education and Experience:
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of an Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
◾Eligible to become P.O.S.T. certified
◾At least twenty-one years of age
◾Licensed and qualified to operate a firearm
◾Valid Tennessee driver’s license