Free Car Seat Safety Check Next Tuesday, June 27 at Franklin Fire Station 6
Event will take place from 1 – 3:00 p.m.
Franklin, TN – The Franklin Fire Department and Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, Safe Kids Cumberland Valley will host a free car seat safety check next Tuesday, June 27, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. The event will take place at Franklin Fire Station 6, located at 1061 Cool Springs Blvd.
Please allow 30 minutes for your inspection and bring your child with you if at all possible.
Those who cannot make it to the event may schedule an appointment with one of the Franklin Fire Department’s 20 technicians, by calling 615-791-3275 the morning you’d like to have your seat checked.
Car Seats - Top 5 Things to Check According to Safe Kids Worldwide
- Right Seat. Check the label on your car seat to make sure it’s appropriate for your child’s age, weight and height.
- Right Place. Keep all children in the back seat until they are 13.
- Right Direction. Keep your child in a rear-facing car seat for as long as possible, usually until around age two. When they outgrow it, move them to a forward-facing car seat.
- Inch Test. Once your car seat is installed, give it a good shake at the base. A properly installed seat will not move more than an inch.
- Pinch Test. Make sure the harness is tightly buckled and coming from the correct slots (check car seat manual). Place the chest clip at armpit level then pinch the strap at your child’s shoulder. If you are unable to pinch any excess webbing, you’re good to go.