- Jan 17 Mayor Ken Moore and City Admin. Eric Stuckey are putting their dance skills to the test in a DANCE OFF for United W… https://t.co/ucWCyFH1OP
- Jan 17 #WaterWednesday: All streams in Franklin drain to the Harpeth River. From here it travels to the Cumberland, Ohio,… https://t.co/QKsaHwfSTp
- Jan 17 According to the Franklin Police Department drivers will encounter some slippery conditions during the morning comm… https://t.co/cSuCoLpyWT
- Jan 16 Leave faucets dripping and open cabinets tonight to prevent pipes from freezing! Temps will be in the single digits… https://t.co/lEtrOeqs6M
- Jan 16 Franklin trash collection delalyed due to weather, read more here https://t.co/7DoVxPBAme
Man charged after meeting at hotel for sex with teen
Chief: ‘These crimes unconscionable, will not be tolerated in Franklin’
During a reverse prostitution sting today, Franklin Police Vice Detectives and Flex Officers arrested a Fairview man after he showed up at a Franklin hotel to have sex with a 16-year-old girl. Utilizing social media, 28-year-old Shawn Buford of Fairview, to his surprise, contacted undercover officers and arranged to come to the hotel to pay for sex with the ‘girl.’ Buford showed up at the undisclosed Franklin hotel where he was, instead, arrested by waiting officers.
Charged with the Class-B Felony of Patronizing Prostitution with a Minor and Solicitation of a Minor, a Class-E Felony, Buford is being held in the Williamson County Jail on the $225,000 bond set by the Magistrate. He is due in court on March 23.
“Criminals who prey or attempt to prey on our community’s children will be aggressively pursued, arrested, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Chief Deborah Faulkner. “These crimes are unconscionable and will not be tolerated in Franklin.”
# # #