- Jul 26 Local officers will be making back-to-school shopping a little easier for Franklin families! https://t.co/2z65uUvUjc https://t.co/rpMF78lLNT
- Jul 26 Columbia State Community College is asking for your input to provide new opportunities at the Williamson Campus. https://t.co/OPlZxIY7HZ
- Jul 26 The City has released a DRAFT Long-term land use plan "Envision Franklin" read more here https://t.co/gS1Mk07qb0 https://t.co/2mcw8uGf8Q
- Jul 26 #TrashTalkingTuesday: Please break down all cardboard boxes when placing at the curb on your trash collection day. https://t.co/xyf764GVrf
- Jul 25 Good afternoon, Franklin! https://t.co/j75oexzF4S
TDOT Litter Reduction Grant helps fund Harpeth River Clean-up Events
City Partners with Cumberland River Compact
FRANKLIN – The City of Franklin is working with the Cumberland River Compact for several Harpeth River clean-up efforts beginning in April. Funding for this project was made available from a $55,000 Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) Special Litter Reduction Grant. The City is providing $11,000 towards the project. Half of the grant funding was used in 2013-2014 to promote and market the City’s Blue Bag curbside recycling program.
The first of multiple river and stream clean-ups will begin on Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 9am -12pm. The Cumberland River Compact is organizing efforts to remove trash and debris from our waterways. Volunteers will canoe the Downtown Franklin section of the Harpeth River and remove litter. Bulky items will be tagged and removed at a later date if possible. Stream clean-ups for Liberty Creek and Sharp Branch will also take place this spring.
“This is a terrific opportunity for the community to come together to assist in reducing litter from our beautiful blue-way, the Harpeth River,” said City Administrator Eric Stuckey. “We are fortunate to partner with the Cumberland River Compact who has a strong track record in organizing these Spring cleanings across the Middle Tennessee area, we are privileged they have chosen to work with the City on the Harpeth River.”
For more information and to sign-up please go here: https://crc.kindful.com/register/3rd-annual-spring-cleaning-2016.