- Apr 26 Capture Franklin's historic architecture or beautiful landscape you find worthy of preservation. See Official Rules… https://t.co/qK5JhMGrkk
- Apr 25 #TrashTalkingTuesday: https://t.co/GpzpYwvTF9
- Apr 24 Beautiful day to celebrate a new park in downtown Franklin @ 3rd and Hillsboro- Point Park! https://t.co/HXxyAHzqXP
- Apr 24 3rd Ave N (btwn N Margin and Hills pro) + Lewisburg Pike (btwn Mack Hatcher and Stewart) are both open.
- Apr 23 WX update: 3rd Ave N (btwn N Margin and Hills pro) + Lewisburg Pike (btwn Mack Hatcher and Stewart) remain closed.… https://t.co/O1cqfs9Qg6
TDOT Litter Reduction Grant helps fund Harpeth River Clean-up Events
City Partners with Cumberland River Compact
FRANKLIN – The City of Franklin is working with the Cumberland River Compact for several Harpeth River clean-up efforts beginning in April. Funding for this project was made available from a $55,000 Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) Special Litter Reduction Grant. The City is providing $11,000 towards the project. Half of the grant funding was used in 2013-2014 to promote and market the City’s Blue Bag curbside recycling program.
The first of multiple river and stream clean-ups will begin on Saturday, April 2, 2016 from 9am -12pm. The Cumberland River Compact is organizing efforts to remove trash and debris from our waterways. Volunteers will canoe the Downtown Franklin section of the Harpeth River and remove litter. Bulky items will be tagged and removed at a later date if possible. Stream clean-ups for Liberty Creek and Sharp Branch will also take place this spring.
“This is a terrific opportunity for the community to come together to assist in reducing litter from our beautiful blue-way, the Harpeth River,” said City Administrator Eric Stuckey. “We are fortunate to partner with the Cumberland River Compact who has a strong track record in organizing these Spring cleanings across the Middle Tennessee area, we are privileged they have chosen to work with the City on the Harpeth River.”
For more information and to sign-up please go here: https://crc.kindful.com/register/3rd-annual-spring-cleaning-2016.