- Oct 26 #WaterWednesday: https://t.co/JTWl1UUjSn
- Oct 25 #TrashTalkingTuesday: Place your brush at least 5 feet away from your garbage container for pick up.… https://t.co/DWL2ZEx7qV
- Oct 24 Sister Cities is working hard to get the Great Pumpkin here from Canada for Pumpkinfest. You can help here!… https://t.co/op2KpHlfBa
- Oct 23 CITIZEN SURVEY: Your feedback is important to us. Please take a moment and fill out this online survey:… https://t.co/4OWFe54YTu
- Oct 23 Be counted in the 2017 Special Census! It's quick and easy, Franklin! https://t.co/V7kVqzxZzG. https://t.co/h4kbGmCOsF
- Oct 22 Please take a moment and let us know your perspective about living in Franklin by filling out this online survey:… https://t.co/Clvggu3WBx
2014 Franklin Parks Family Day Promises Fun for All Ages!
Free Activities Include Hayrides, Fishing, Inflatables and Straw Bale Maze in the Barn
FRANKLIN – The 8th Annual City of Franklin Parks Department Family Day Celebration is promising to be the best festival in the Parks history. Family Day is a free festival open to the public, and will take place on Saturday, October 4, 2 2014 from 10am – 2pm at The Park at Harlinsdale Farm, located at 239 Franklin Rd. across the street from The Factory in the Historic City of Franklin.
This Family Festival offers many opportunities for kids and their families to have a great time on the farm with many activities. New this year to the festival is a straw bale maze located inside the Historic Main Barn which has not been open to the public for several years. There is no cost for people to go inside and enjoy the maze. The popular activities that will be returning this year are the miniature train rides, hay rides, pony rides and petting zoo. Festival attendees can also enjoy cane pole fishing on the small lake on the Harlinsdale property. There will also be inflatables, music, photo booths and crafts. All of the rides and activities are open and free to the public.
Many local business are participating in the games and sponsoring the event including our event sponsor Hyundai of Cool Springs, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Chick Fil-A, Franklin Farmers Market and Williamson County Animal Control.
Food will be offered for purchase by local food vendors including HAAS Burgers, Kona Ice, Moosehead Kettle Corn, Itty Bitty Donuts, and Smokey J’s BBQ for hungry attendees.
The Parks Department is working with Grace Works this year to include a “fruit drive” as part of our event to encourage our patrons to bring and donate canned fruit, as well as, jams and jellies. Any patron that brings a donation for the food bank will be entered into a drawing for prize baskets including items donated by our sponsors.
The 8th Annual Family Day Celebration is presented by the City of Franklin Parks Department. The City of Franklin Parks is committed to promote the love of nature and provide opportunities for enjoyment of the parks in Franklin. The Park at Harlinsdale Farm is a Franklin Landmark established in 1935. It was once call the most significant historic farm associated with the modern Tennessee walking horse industry. The Park at Harlinsdale Farm is a passive park, maintaining, and protecting the history of the farm and offers walking/running paths, a catch and release pond, a dog park, a children’s garden and a venue for various public and private events.
For more information please check out our website at www.franklintn.gov or call the event hotline at 615-550-6947